We are so excited that you are interested in going on a Taglit-Birthright Israel: Hillel trip! There are several parts to the application process that we have outlined below. If you have any questions about any of the steps don't hesitate to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or to contact your local Hillel Professional
The first step in the process is to register with Taglit-Birthright Israel. It's important to note that .edu e-mail addresses are not accepted by the Taglit-Birthright Israel system so be sure to have a backup e-mail address ready! Your e-mail address will become your user ID. Make sure to write down the user ID and password since you will need it throughout the process.
After you have registered you will receive a Confirmation e-mail from Taglit-Birthright Israel. Don't forget to click the link to confirm your e-mail address. Your application isn't complete until your e-mail address has been confirmed!
Application Part 1 (primary application)
Part 1 of the application is administered by Taglit-Birthright Israel. This is your primary
Part 1 includes 8 sections:
The sections are now as follows:
- Section 1: General Information – includes all contact information.
- Section 2: Trip Selection (used to be in section 5)
- Section 3: Jewish Background
- Section 4: Previous Israel Experience
- Section 5: Essays
- Section 6: The online Taglit-Birthright Israel Gift Waiver
- Section 7: The section to submit the $250.00 refundable deposit.
- Section 8: Confirmation of your e-mail address.
About 24-48 hours after you complete your primary application you'll receive an e-mail from Hillel with a link to your secondary application. The secondary application is Hillel's part of the application.
- The secondary application is where includes:
- Medical and emergency contact information
- Roommate requests
- Dietary information
- Trip date Requests
Additionally, if you are confirmed as a participant:
- This is where you'll find your travel information including your bus number, flight code, flight numbers, and a link to extend your stay in Israel.
You can return to your secondary application at any time using your User ID and password from your primary application.
The last step in the application process is an informational interview with a Hillel professional. This informational interview gives us a chance to get to know you better, determine your eligibility and it's a great time to ask any questions you might have. At this interview you will also sign Hillel's behavioral guidelines:
Behavioral_Guidelines (PDF File 203Kb)
[Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader version 4.0 or higher.]
You will find out more information about trip dates, departure cities and flight information once you are accepted to a trip.